You know those unreasonably red, but highly tasty boneless spareribs you get at the chinese restaurant. This is the recipe for those. It is cheap, and really really easy.
- 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. dry sherry
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 3⁄4 tsp. red food coloring
- 1⁄4 tsp. Chinese five spice powder
- 1.25-lbs. Boneless Spareribs…OR, 1 2-lb. slab spareribs, preferably St. Louis style
- Mix all ingredients except the meat and whisk thoroughly.
- Add meat and coat thoroughly with marinade sauce. Marinade overnight
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain marinade into a separate dish. Arrange Ribs in a baking pan spacing them evenly
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until cooked and tender. Use spare marinade sauce to baste Ribs periodically.
- Preheat Grill to approximately 350 degrees.
- Drain marinade into separate dish. Arrange ribs on the heated grill.
- Grill while periodically basting with extra marinade for about 25 minutes, or until charred and cooked through.
Cut pork chops, or a tenderloin into strips, and skewer strips with wooden or metal BBQ skewers. Marinade Strips in Sparerib sauce and make Chinese Sparerib on a stick.