May 14, 2011
You know those unreasonably red, but highly tasty boneless spareribs you get at the chinese restaurant. This is the recipe for those. It is cheap, and really really easy.
- 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. dry sherry
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 3⁄4 tsp. red food coloring
- 1⁄4 tsp. Chinese five spice powder
- 1.25-lbs. Boneless Spareribs…OR, 1 2-lb. slab spareribs, preferably St. Louis style
- Mix all ingredients except the meat and whisk thoroughly.
- Add meat and coat thoroughly with marinade sauce. Marinade overnight
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain marinade into a separate dish. Arrange Ribs in a baking pan spacing them evenly
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until cooked and tender. Use spare marinade sauce to baste Ribs periodically.
- Preheat Grill to approximately 350 degrees.
- Drain marinade into separate dish. Arrange ribs on the heated grill.
- Grill while periodically basting with extra marinade for about 25 minutes, or until charred and cooked through.
Cut pork chops, or a tenderloin into strips, and skewer strips with wooden or metal BBQ skewers. Marinade Strips in Sparerib sauce and make Chinese Sparerib on a stick.
This post originally appeared on http://thecamspuscompanion.com and was written by a staff writer.